Choose from customizable furniture and then select from over hundreds of fabrics. Kid-Proof fabric focuses on durability, cleanability, and beauty.
Sleep is a natural, essential part of life but we often don’t get enough of it. When you lie down on your mattress after a long day at the office it’s important that the time you spend there is really effective. There is evidence that sleep decreases risk in nearly all areas of life! Here’s a list of ways that a lack of sleep can impact your health.
- Energy: This one is obvious and quite well known. Speed, agility, and rate of comprehension can all be quite sluggish when you don’t enjoy a restless sleep.
- Cognition: Your ability to comprehend cognitive tasks can be impaired when you’re not well rested. That means that everything from your ability to engage in a meeting to making decisions at the wheel can suffer.
- Weight Gain: When your body is struggling to keep up with you during the day the speed of your metabolism can take a major hit. Did you know that missing out on 3 hours of potential sleep each night can cost you 200 calories the next day?
- Hypertension: Stress tends to be elevated for poor-sleepers, resulting in raised blood pressure. Over time this can result in permanent hypertension as the body’s natural healing and soothing processes can’t perform adequately.
- Depression: A lack of sleep can go far beyond a grouchy mood in the mid-day slump. Over time, disrupted sleep patterns can result in depressive thoughts and actions. Sleep is a key time for your brain to rest and rewire and a lack of restful sleep can steal memories and dull moods.