Hi again! This week’s Pinterest pick is something that looks simple enough that can also bring unique flare to any room. While looking around on Pinterest, I found a link to a blog called Rae Gun Ramblings and a tutorial for a “Quick Envelope Pillow Case.”
According to the blog, all you need is a cheap pillow and fabric. For someone like me who can’t sew, this project could get a little interesting. But for all you experienced DIY-ers out there, this project is for you!
The cool thing about this project is that you can take any boring department store bought bedding or your college apartment sofa and make it look unique. Play around with the fabrics and pick something that shows your style!
What to do (according to Rae Gun Ramblings):
- Cut the fabric. For a 17″ pillow you need a piece of fabric 17X38 inches big. For other sized pillows you need the fabric to be the size of the pillow side (in my case 17″) by the side times 2 plus 4 more inches. So for mine it was 17″ by (17X2)+4
- Finish the short edges of the fabric.
- Fold one side under and hem. This is for the side of the fabric that will show on the outside.
- Fold the fabric in on both ends (right side of the fabric inside) so that there is a square the size of the pillow in the middle. For mine this means that I folded each end in 10.5″. There should be a couple of inches of overlap. Iron or pin in place.
- Sew across the top and bottom.
- Flip inside out and stuff the pillow into the pillow case.
Good luck, and let me know how your project turns out!
(Photo & Project credit thanks to Rae Gun Ramblings.)
FOLLOW US ON